Fast Track Your Lead Generation
Want to increase your bottom line with lead generation but don’t know where to start? Lead gen fundamentals are often nothing more than a simple math problem; thoughtful tracking of the numbers yields results when done correctly. As only one part of your overall digital strategy, lead gen can be a welcome boost to profitability, just don’t lose sight of the rest of your business. Take a step by step approach to the part of your marketing by starting with a clear definition of your customers or clients. Develop this user persona as a first step.
Step #1. What do your potential customers want?
Remember that zero potential customers wakes up in the morning and screams loudly, “Please market to me today!” No client thinks of themselves as a “lead” for your organization. The key is to understand these individuals and discover what they truly want or need. Start out by answering questions that drive them to seek solutions, questions like:
- What are their pain points that keeps them awake at night?
- What do they want to avoid so bad that they are willing to pay others to do?
- What are the goals or objectives that they want to achieve?
- What problem are they trying to solve?
- How are they trying to change their current situation?
- Where do they go to seek help or solutions?
- What is there sense of urgency to resolve a problem or change their life?
- How soon do they need to act?
Fortunately there are many different avenues to go to uncover this information. Effectively monitoring social media, client interviews, discussions with customer facing groups, posts from industry thought leaders, surveys, white papers, are just a few of the ways to learn and better understand what your potential customers want. The success or failure of your lead generation efforts hinges right here at the start by answering the question – what do my clients and customers want?